Friday, October 10, 2008

Gotta love Flight Medicine Docs

I just have to say that sometimes doctors just don't think about how what they say can come across to a patient. Went to Flight Medicine yesterday for a doctor appointment and as we were talking about why I was there, she said that she wanted to get a routine cholesterol screen and they like to get one every 5 years. I had no problem with that. Then she says "you're not terribly overweight, so it should come back normal." Terribly overweight??? I thought I was doing pretty good. And this was a female who was testing the seams in the flight suit. So I just think they don't think about the way they say things.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Should we rename them "flighty" docs?

Tricia said...

I would have said something to her!!

E2leigh said...

"terribly over weight"?!!!? Was she looking at you? If you lose much more you will be skin and bones!